1. Yu Ling Huang, Jeffrey E. Segall, and Mingming Wu Microfluidic modeling of biophysical microenvironment in tumor cell invasion , Lab on a Chip DOI: 10.1039/C7LC00623C (2017).
2. Chih-kuan Tung, Chungwei Lin, Benedict Harvey, Alyssa G. Fiore, Florencia Ardon, Mingming Wu, and Susan S. Suarez Fluid viscoelasticity promotes collective swimming of sperm , Scientific Reports 7: 3152 (2017).
3. Matthew S. Hall, Farid Alisafaei, Ehsan Ban, Xinzeng Feng, Chung-Yuen Hui, Vivek B. Shenoy, and Mingming Wu Fibrous nonlinear elasticity enables positive mechanical feedback between cells and ECMs, PNAS doi:10.1073/pnas.1613058113 (2016).
4. Kim, B.J., Chu, I., Jusuf, S., Kuo, T., Teravest, M., Angenent, L., and Wu, M. Oxygen tension and riboflavin gradients cooperatively regulate the migration of Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 revealed by a hydrogel-based microfluidic device., Frontiers in Microbiology 7 (2016).
5. Song, W., Tung, C.K., Lu, Y.C., Pardo, Y., Wu, M.M., Das, M., Kao, D.I., Chen, S.B., and Ma, M.L., Dynamic self-organization of microwell-aggregated cellular mixtures., Soft Matter 12, 5739-5746. (2016).
6. Suarez, S. Susan and Mingming Wu, Microfluidic devices for the study of sperm migration, Molecular Human Reproduction,(2016).
7. Dongil T. Geum, Beum Jun Kim, Matthew S. Hall, and Mingming Wu, Epidermal growth factor promotes a mesenchymal over an amoeboid motility of MDA-MB-231 cells embedded within a 3D collagen matrix, European Physical Journal Plus, DOI: 10.1140/epjp/i2016-16008-8 (2016).
8. Beum Jun Kim, Lubna V. Richter, Nicholas Hatter, Chih-Kuan Tung, Beth A. Ahner, and Mingming Wu, An array microhabitat system for high throughput studies of microalgal growth under controlled nutrient gradients, Lab Chip, 15: 3687-3694 (2015).
9. Yu Ling Huang, Chih-Kuan Tung, Anqi Zheng, Beum Jun Kim, and Mingming Wu, Interstitial flows promote an amoeboid over mesenchymal motility of breast cancer cells revealed by a three dimensional microfluidic model, Integr. Biol., DOI: 10.1039/C5IB00115C (2015).
10. Chih-kuan Tung, Lian Hu, Alyssa G. Fiore, Florencia Ardon, Dillon G. Hickman, Robert O. Gilbert, Susan S. Suarez, and Mingming Wu, Microgrooves and fluid flows provide preferential passageways for sperm over pathogen Tritrichomonas foetus, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 112, 5431 (2015).
11. Chih-kuan Tung, Florencia Ardon, Anubhab Roy, Donald L. Koch, Susan S. Suarez, and Mingming Wu, Emergence of upstream swimming via a hydrodynamic transition, Physical Review Letters, 114, 108102 (2015).
12. Beum Jun Kim, Shuting Zhao, Rodica P. Bunaciu, Andrew Yen, and Mingming Wu, A 3D in situ cell counter reveals that breast tumor cell (MDA-MB-231) proliferation rate is reduced by the collagen matrix density, Biotechnology Progress 31(4): 990-996 (2015).
13. YC Lu, W Song, D An, BJ Kim, R Schwartz, M Wu, and M Ma, Designing compartmentalized hydrogel microparticles for cell encapsulation and scalable 3D cell culture, Journal of Materials Chemistry B 3 (3), 353-360 (2015).
14. T.V. Kasyap, Donald L. Koch, and Mingming Wu, Bacterial collective motion near the contact line of an evaporating sessile drop, Physics of Fluids 26, 111703 (2014).
15. T.V. Kasyap, Donald L. Koch, and Mingming Wu, Hydrodynamic tracer diffusion in suspensions of swimming bacteria, Physics of Fluids, 26, 081901 (2014).
16. Xuanhao Sun, William D. Weinlant, Harsh Patel, Mingming Wu, and Christopher J. Hernandez, A microfluidic platform for profiling biomechanical properties of bacteria, Lab Chip, 14:2491-2498(2014).
17. Chih-kuan Tung, Florencia Ardon, Alyssa Fiore,Susan S. Suarez, and Mingming Wu, Cooperative roles of biological flow and surface topography in guiding sperm migration revealed by a microfluidic model, Lab-on-a-chip, 14(7):1348-1356 (2014).
18. Mingming Wu and Melody Swartz, Modeling tumor microenvironment in vitro, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, DOI:10.1115/1.4026447(2014).
19. Xinzeng Feng, Matthew S. Hall, Mingming Wu and Chung-Yuen Hui, An adaptive algorithm for tracking 3D bead displacements: application in biological experiments, Measurement Science and Technology, 25, 055701(2014).
20. Chih-kuan Tung, Oleh Krupa, Elif Apyadin, Jr-Jiun Liou, Anthony Diaz-Santana, Beum Jun Kim, and Mingming Wu, A contact line pinning based microfluidic platform for modeling physiological flows, Lab-on-a-chip, 13(19):3876-3885 (2013).
21. Xu X, Jagota A, Peng SM, Luo D, Wu M, and Hui CY, Gravity and Surface Tension Effects on Shape Change of Soft Materials, Langmuir, Epub ahead of print (2013).
22. Beum Jun Kim, Pimkhuan Hannanta-anan, Michelle Chau, Yoon Soo Kim, Melody A. Swartz, and Mingming Wu, Cooperative roles of SDF-1α and EGF gradients on tumor cell migration revealed by a robust 3D microfluidic model, PLoS ONE, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0068422 (2013).
23. Matthew S. Hall, Rong Long, Xinzeng Feng, YuLing Huang, Chung-Yuen Hui, and Mingming Wu, Towards single cell traction microscopy within 3D collagen matrices, Experimental Cell Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2013.06.009 (2013)
24. Haixin Chang, Beum Jun Kim, Yoon Soo Kim, Susan Suarez, Mingming Wu, Differential migration pattern of sea urchin and mouse sperm revealed by a microfluidic chemotaxis device, PLoS ONE 8(4): e60587. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0060587 (2013).
25. Verónica L. Morales, Jean-Yves Parlange, Mingming Wu, Francisco J. Pérez-Reche, Wei Zhang, Wenjing Sang, and Tammo S. Steenhuis, Surfactant-mediated control of colloid pattern assembly and attachment strength in evaporating droplets, Langmuir, 29, 1831-1840 (2013).
26. Jong Bum Lee, Songming Peng, Dayong Yang, Young Hoon Roh, Hisakage Funabashi, Nokyoung Park, Edward J. Rice, Liwei Chen, Rong Long, Mingming Wu and Dan Luo, A mechanical metamaterial made from a DNA hydrogel, Nature Nanotechnol.,7, 816-820 (2012).
27. Matthew S. Hall, Rong Long, Chung-Yuen Hui and Mingming Wu, Mapping 3D stress and strain fields within a soft hydrogel using a fluorescence microscope, Biophys J.,102, 2241-2250 (2012).
28. Beum Jun Kim and Mingming Wu, Microfluidics for mammalian cell chemotaxis, invited review, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 40, 1316-1327 (2012).
29. Rong Long, Matthew S. Hall, Mingming Wu, and Chung-Yuen Hui, Effects of gel thickness on microscopic indentation measurements of gel modulus, Biophysics Journal, 108, 5614-5619 (2011).
30. Ulrike Haessler, Marco Pisano, Mingming Wu and Melody A. Swartz,Dendritic cell chemotaxis in 3D under defined chemokine gradients reveals differential response to CCL21 and CCL19, PNAS (2011).
31. Yevgeniy Kalinin, Silke Neumann, Victor Soujik, and Mingming Wu, Responses of Escherichia coli bacteria to two opposing chemoattractant gradients depend on the chemoreceptor ratio, Journal of Bacteriology, 192, 1796-1800 (2010).
32. Ulrike Haessler, Yevegeniy Kalinin, Melody Swartz and Mingming Wu, An agarose-based microfluidic platform with a gradient buffer for 3D chemotaxis studies, Biomedical Microdevice, 11, 827-835 (2009).
33. Yevgeniy Kalinin, Lili Jiang, Yuhai Tu, and Mingming Wu, Logarithmic sensing in Escherichia coli bacterial chemotaxis, Biophysical Journal, 96, 2439-2448 (2009).
34. Mingming Wu and Thomas N Sato, On the Mechanics of Cardiac Function of Drosophila Embryo. PLoS ONE 3(12): e4045. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0004045 (2008).
35. Kevin Wong, Angel Ayuso-Sacido, Patrick Ahyow, Andrew Darling, John Boockvar and Mingming Wu, Assessing neural stem cell motility using an agarose gel based microfluidic device. Journal of Visualized Experiments, DOI: 10.3791/674 (2008).
36. Qian Liao, Ganesh Subramanian, Matthew P. DeLisa, Don Koch and Mingming Wu, Pair velocity correlations among swimming bacteria are determined by force-quadrupole hydrodynamic interaction, Physics of Fluids, 19, 061701 (2007).
37. Shing-Yi Cheng, Stephen Heilman, Max Wassweman, Shivaun Archer, Michael L. Shuler and Mingming Wu, A hydrogel-based microfluidic device for the studies of directed cell migration. Lab-on-a-chip, 7, 763 (2007).
38. Leonardo De La Fuente, Emilie Montane, Yaxin Li, Thomas J. Burr, Harvey Hoch, and Mingming Wu, Assessing roles of type I and type IV pili on the adhesion force of Xylellafastidiosa using a microfluidic chamber, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 73, 2690 (2007).
39. Mingming Wu, John Roberts, Sue Kim, and Matthew P. DeLisa, Collective bacterial dynamics revealed using a population-scale defocused particle tracking imaging technique, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 72, 4987(2006).
40. Jinpian Diao, Sue Kim, Elizabeth Fogarty, Steve Heilman, Lincoln Young, Peng Zhou, Mike Shuler, Mingming Wu and Matthew P. DeLisa, A three-channel microfluidic device for generating static linear gradients and its applications in the quantitative analysis of bacterial chemotaxis, Lab on a chip, 6, 381 (2006).
41. Mingming Wu, John Roberts, and Mark Buckley, Three-dimensional fluorescent particle tracking at micron-scale using a single camera, Experiments in Fluids, 38, 461(2005).
42. Mingming Wu, Thomas Cubaud, and Chih-Ming Ho, Scaling law in liquid drop coalescence driven by surface tension, Phys. Fluids 16, L51(2004).
43. Mingming Wu and MortezaGharib, Experimental studies on the shape and path of small air bubbles rising in clean water, Physics of Fluids, 14, L49(2002)
44. Tammy Tam, Darrick Ohata, and Mingming Wu, Dynamics of a penta-hepta defect in a hexagonal pattern, Physical Review E, 61, R9(2000).
45. Erin Kelley and Mingming Wu, Path instabilities of air bubbles rising in a Hele-Shaw cell, Phys. Rev. Lett., 79, 1265(1997).
46. Mingming Wu, Guenter Ahlers, and David S. Cannell, Thermally induced fluctuations below the onset of Rayleigh-Benard convection, Phys. Rev. Lett. 75, 1743(1995).
47. Mingming Wu and C. D. Andereck, Phase dynamics of the Taylor-Couette systems, Physics of Fluids, 4, 2432(1992).
48. Mingming Wu and C. D. Andereck, H. R. Brand, The phase dynamics of turbulent Taylor Vortex flow, Europhysics Letter, 19, 587(1992).
49. Mingming Wu and C. D. Andereck, Phase dynamics in the Taylor-Couette system, in Ordered and Turbulent Patterns in Taylor-Couette Flow, ed. by C. D. Andereck, F. Hayot, (Plenum Publishing Co., New York, 1991).
50. Mingming Wu and C. D. Andereck, Phase dynamics of wavy vortex flow, Phys. Rev. Lett. 67, 1258(1991).
51. Mingming Wu and C. D. Andereck, Phase modulation of Taylor Vortex flow, Phys. Rev. A Rapid Comm. 43, 2074(1991).
52. Mingming Wu and C. D. Andereck, The effects of external noise on the Fr´eedericksz transition, Phys. Rev. Lett. 65, 591(1990).